About Face Aesthetics
What is Microdermabrasion?
A skin treatment that revitalizes and resurfaces the skin.
This technique uses its patented DiamondTome Wands, instead of aluminum oxide crystals.
What is DiamondTome Skin Resurfacing?
DiamondTome Skin Resurfacing can reduce the effects of aging on our skin. Years of sun exposure and the aging process take their toll, creating lines, wrinkles, and changes in texture and color. Not only is the face a likely victim of these changes, but the neck, chest, cleavage, arms and hands may be affected as well.
DiamondTome Skin Resurfacing is a treatment that improves wrinkles, skin texture and color by removing the topmost layer of skin leaving it more supple and vibrant. Skin Resurfacing also stimulates the elastic tissue beneath the surface of the skin resulting in a healthier and firmer appearance. Skin Resurfacing treatments are administered by a trained esthetician. A wonderful alternative or compliment to chemical peels, the DiamondTome Skin Resurfacing treatment is non-invasive, pain-free and requires no down time after treatment.
The DiamondTome system is more gentle and affective than other exfoliating systems, even at higher settings. The length of the treatment and number of treatments vary depending on skin type and condition. An average treatment is 30-45 minutes, easily worked in to a lunch hour for those on the go. Results are gradual but highly effective. Experience softer, smoother skin after your first treatment.
DiamondTome Wands are:
- Exfoliation occurs as the wand is drawn across the skin.
- No loose crystals or other abrasives that contaminate you or your environment.
- Even at its highest settings, DiamondTome is regarded as a gentler Resurfacing system, yet provides more dramatic results than other skin care systems.
- Achieve skin rejuvenation without the adverse effects of loose particles, burning, irritation, and skin reactions.
- The precise Diamondtome wand chip size and vacuum settings are customized for your particular skin condition or area of concern to assure the appropriate amount of exfoliation and produce uniform results. Exfoliation also stimulates vascular circulation beneath the surface of the skin resulting in a healthier and firmer appearance. Treatment can be performed on the face, neck, chest, hands, back, legs, elbows, and feet. It can be used alone, or in combination with other treatments. The NewApeel® treatment is non-invasive, pain-free and requires no down time. Your skin is free of redness, irritation and particle contamination. To achieve maximum results, several treatments are recommended.
Who Can Benefit?
Proper skin care is important for everyone. DiamondTome Skin Resurfacing offers benefits to anyone who wants to improve specific skin conditions and rejuvenate the overall health and appearance of their skin.
- Rejuvenates sun damaged skin - face, neck, shoulders, back, arms and legs
- Reduces age spots
- Minimizes blotchy skin coloring
- Reduces acne and superficial scars from past injury
- Extracts blackheads and whiteheads
- Improves oily Skin
- Reduces keratosis pilaris or "chicken bumps" on arms and legs
- Improves overall skin health
For people on the go, an exfoliation treatment using the DiamondTome Microdermabrasion offers exceptional benefits. Ideal for a special event or as a program for overall skin rejuvenation, this treatment is non-invasive, painless and requires no downtime from work or social activities. Normal activities may be resumed immediately after treatment. Your skin is free of redness, irritation and particle contamination.
The DiamondTome Skincare Program
We have determined that most people benefit from at least 6 to 12 treatments to achieve desired results. To start, we recommend a treatment every 3 to 4 weeks. This will allow the greatest benefit to jump start cell renewal and improve the tone and texture of the skin. Once the desired results are achieved, we recommend a treatment every month to maintain results.
Following the treatment, your skin may appear lightly pink, similar to a mild windburn. This can last for up to two days. Some clients say their skin feels deeply cleansed. You may experience additional exfoliation within 3-5 days after the treatment.
Immediately following the treatment, the skin is calmed with serums based on the skin care concern you are addressing. We also apply moisturizer and sunscreen upon completion of the treatment.